We're passionate about training.
Local to and operating from Scarborough on the Redcliffe Peninsula, North Brisbane, Sea & Safety is a family owned and operated provider of approved training courses for powerboat and jet ski (PWC) licences and first aid certification.
Lloyd Jones was a high school marine studies teacher for 13 years of his 30 year teaching career until starting up boat and jet ski licence courses from his home in Scarborough in 2005. His relevant qualifications are numerous, including:
Restricted Coxswain (Maritime Safety Queensland)
- Power Boat Instructor (AYF)
- Sailing Master (AYF)
- First Aid Instructor (Inscope Training)
- Radio Invigilator (OMC)
- Skin Diving Instructor (NAUI)
- Master Diver (NAUI)
- B.A. (UNSW)
- M.Ed (Deakin Uni)
Lloyd is a member of the Marine Teachers Association of Queensland, of which he has occupied the positions of President, Secretary and Regional Representative.
Lloyd's invaluable contributions to marine education in Queensland have been recognised with awards including:
- Silver Arrowhead Award 2007 – for services to Scouting and Sailing
- Services to Education 2004 – part of the team that wrote the Coast and
Marine Education syllabus.
- Excellence in Sport 1999 – Winning team Coach/manager in the
Australian Title for School Teams Sailing.
Finally, Lloyd is a Member of the Boatsafe Trainers Association of Queensland and has occupied the position of president.